Thursday, May 24, 2007


One of the things I have always wanted to do was home compost, but as you all know we live in a appartment on the first floor and we don't have any access to a garden space at the moment. Well the other day when I was walking home from work I came accross a Eco shop and in it was the solution... A Bosashi kitchen composter.
you add your kitchen Veg to it and a bit of the Bosashi bran and it ferments the food. this has two benafits; firstly it dosent smell like rotting food (they say it smells like pickles) and secondly it composts down in about a month, with a bi product in the form of a liquide that can be used to clean drains/toilets or if diluted can be fed to plants.

I will however let you know how we get on with it. At the moment we only have one but they do say get to so you can have one on the go all the time but for me the outlay was to high, so if the first one is not to smelly I will get a second one. I think even if your not going to use the compost the liquid is good to have around and if you just bin your wast after you have composted it its already on its way to braking down (less land fill)

Well we are off to enjoy the sun, I hope you are too.

Bear. x

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Sounds intruiging! Be sure to let us know how it works!!!