Wednesday, August 08, 2007


I am a big fan of Vegan Freaks Podcast and chat rooms, but there has been a thread running about raw foodist being ‘weird’. Here is the reply I posted on the site.

I have read through a lot of the post here and I thought I would say why I have chosen to go Raw Vegan.

I would first like to point out that I am still Vegan and do not hold with eating honey, I’m also shocked with the lack of understanding and bashing people are giving out on here, it reminds me of the crap that I got from Omnis when I first went vegan. As with any diet and any group of people you will get some that are passionate about what they are doing, you will also get people who do not understand the food choices that they have made. I’m sure we all know a Vegan or two who eat chips and drink diet drinks and never eat any form of vegetables or fruit.

Here are some of the reasons I have chosen to go Raw. Over the last few years I have felt that there has been something missing from my Vegan diet and that a progression to eating fruits and vegetables in the purest form that I can get was the way to go.

We know that heating foods destroys some of the health benefits of fresh good produce so why not eat them un-cooked? I know that after eating cooked foods I felt sluggish and uncomfortable but now on a raw food diet that has completely changed, I now eat less and feel awake and full of energy.

I’m not the sort of person to start bashing on about stuff but I think if you want to call people weird you should try and understand why they are doing it and what it feels like, just in the same way as we want people to understand we can survive without eating meat and animal products so too can people survive without cooking there food, coz after all that all it is ‘I just don’t cook my food’

I’m not saying that its going to be easy and I’m not going to slip up from time to time but I want to feel this good forever and if that means not eating cooked food then that’s the way it has to be. I still have a lot to learn about how to un-cook dishes and I know that in time it will get easier.

Bear. X

No comments: