Thursday, August 30, 2007



I thought I would give you a recipe that is going to be published in a magazine called Funky Raw this fall. When it come's out I will let you all know. I'm really excited as it will be my first published recipe I've not posted on a website. Roll on cookbook...

  • Funky Raw's Website...

  • They do a downloadable Zine, but you can also order a hard copy version, but if your not in the UK it works out cheaper to download it as you will not have to pay postage.

    Sticky Toffee Cookies

    Ingredients


    1 Cup Macadamia Nuts (soaked for about 4hrs)
    1 Cup of Soft Dates
    1/3 Cup of Agave
    1/3 Cup Water
    1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract

    Preparation

    1. Process Macadamia Nuts in food processor until they are a slightly bitty paste. (They will work smoother when you add the other Ingredients).
    2. Mix in all other ingredients in and process them till they are well mixed and you get a smooth paste.
    3. Using an ice-cream scoop portion out the mix onto a non-stick sheet and place in your dehydrator.
    4. Then wetting your hand so they are damp, push down on the cookies till they are the size and shape you want.
    5. Dehydrate for about 12 hours, turning them when the top forms a crust.

    I hope if you do have a Dehydrator you like these. I'm sure you can bake them too, you would just have to play around with timing.

    Bear. X

    No comments: