Saturday, September 29, 2007
I've been trying to work out a recipe for Chocolate Brownies and this is one I have come up with...
I'm just making them now so I will fill you in on how they turn out on Monday...
Chocolate, Chocolate Brownies.
1 1/2 Cup of Macadamia Nuts (soaked for about 4hrs)
1 Cup of Soft Dates
1/3 Cup of Agave
1/3 Cup of Water (use the water you used to soak the nuts in)
3/4 Cup of Raw Chocolate powder
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1. Process Macadamia Nuts in food processor until they are a slightly bitty paste. (They will work smoother when you add the other Ingredients).
2. Mix in all other ingredients in and process them till they are well mixed and you get a smooth paste.
3. Add the chocolate powder and blend till the mix is nice and chocolaty.
4. Using an ice-cream scoop portion out the mix onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet.
5. Then wetting your hands so they are damp, push down on the brownies till they are the size and shape you want.
6. Dehydrate for about 12 hours, turning them when the top forms a crust.
7. Let cool down before topping with chocolate.
For the chocolate topping, melt some raw chocolate over a bowl of hot water. Spoon the chocolate over the brownie and let it run a little down the sides. Chill for about half an hour and then serve.
I hope you like these? I thought they would be nice with some raw ice cream, what do you think?
P.S I’ve just had an after thought, it could be really nice to add some chopped Walnuts to the mix like we use to do when I worked at Mrs Fields Cookies.