Saturday, November 03, 2007


So this week I was making raw pizza and I had a few problems, I made a really great base with a little chilli and some sun dried tomato mix, I put it into the dehydrator and put it on to dry the first side when we went to bed and had planed to turn it in the morning… but I left for work and forgot about it… that’s ok I’ll tune it when I get home… ok I’ll turn it in the morning… I must turn that pizza when I get home… ok so if your making raw pizza you can’t leave turning it for more than maybe 12 hours… before it starts to ferment… fizz… and bloat…

So we have no raw pizza to share with you this weekend. But what I thought I would do is start one off and do it with you by posting each step as I do it… some of it will not be to thrilling but I thought it would show you how easy it is to do… I will be changing the recipe a bit from the Alissa Cohen one, but hers is a great one and a good place to start…

I have a little story to tell you about shopping this week… I went into a leading supermarket chain her in the UK and I really needed to eat something. The shop was one of these Metro/Local ones so very small and the choice of foods, were not the best. All the fruit was hard and not ripe and all the salad had dressings or cheese with them in readymade packets. All the nuts were salted and the dried fruits were gassed. I thought what the hell I’d have a sandwich and go to a bigger supermarket for lunch and go to their salad bar…

So I picked up this sandwich and for some unknown reason I looked around the packet and to my dread there was some Mouse droppings in the pack, not just one but a lot… oh my god I thought I was going to be sick on the spot…

Now to make matters worse I picked up some vegetables the next day from the same shop as Baz wanted to have some steamed Vegetables for dinner last night, so I got some broccoli and left it in our fridge so he could cook it when he got home last night. I was working late and wouldn’t be home till he had prepped all the food, but when I walked through the door he looked at me and said ‘your not going to like this!’ I asked why and he told me how he had got the broccoli out of the fridge and he thought, that’s a bit brown, then as he went to cut it up all the head of it was carling with caterpillars… just to say I will not be shopping at that supermarket in the future…

Bear. X

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

OMG, that's gross about the supermarket food. Yuck!

Good luck with your pizza crust next time!

Cheers!
Kristen's Raw