Saturday, November 24, 2007


Today I thought we would have a product review for you. Now one on the things I use in the kitchen a lot is 'Alpro Soya Single Cream' mainly because we like rich and creamy sauces and soups.


One of the things Baz likes a lot is Cheese Sauce, He likes it with pasta or as a cheese sauce to go with nachos and chili. 

How I make my Cheese Sauce

Ingredients:

2 Tubs Alpro Soya Single Cream
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
1 1/2 tbsp Sauce Flour
1/2 tsp Turmeric (use this for colour)
1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (use powered as it is finer in the sauce and will not leave an after taste)

Method:

Now I like to keep this as easy as posable and do it as quick as posable as well....
Put everything in a heavy basted pan and whisk over a medium heat till thick. Now if you want to use it in a pie or as a pasta sauce you can add herbs, if your using it as a sauce for nachos then why not add a little smoked chilies or paprika.

Now you may look at this and think WOW thats a lot of sauce! Well I'll let you in on a secret, I leave some to cool and then toast some fresh bread under the grill then spread the sauce over the top and pop it back under the grill till the top goes brown... This comes out like 'Welsh Rabbit' (a cheese on toast dish I eat a lot when I was a kid) I serve this with a side salad of green fresh salad and a tomato and apple cider vinegar, you can even add some fresh apple slices to it to give it a fall flavor.

As well as trying this out you can also go to the Alpro website and try some of the recipes on there.... Alpro Website

I hope you enjoy this and try some out for yourself...

Bear. X

No comments: