Saturday, January 12, 2008

I've always wanted to make stuffed Nan breads as I've seen them on the menu of indian restaurants and thought I could do that...

Now I was going to write the recipe for Nan's but after looking through the internet for a recipe I found that there are 100's of them and the best thing to do was let you find one for yourself (some look better than others but you will find one that suits you and the amount of time you have) 


So here is my dough resting and getting bigger...
 
For the filling I have cooked some potato's and mashed them mixed it up with some indian spices and some fresh spinach...

I let this all cool down so when it is added to the bread it doesn't make the mix all icky...

I roll the Nan mix into rounds making sure there is enough flour on the board and rolling pin so it doesn't stick because once it's full of the potato mix it becomes harder to handle...

So to get the mix inside you need to roll out the mix into a round making sure you work the mix and move it as you do. When you have a round even bread not to thin place 2 tbsp's  of the potato mix on one half of the bread folding the other half over and push the edges together sealing the mix inside. Now you can roll the bread again but this time roll with a lighter touch as you don't want the filling to come out. Once you have got a tear drop shaped bread you are ready for grilling.

I tend to make up about six at a time keeping them on kitchen paper (waxed paper) until I'm ready to grill them.

Here is one I have grilled earlier... (always wanted to say that) 

I tend to serve the bread with a coconut curry sauce and mango chutney...

This was a easy recipe to do and and you could come up with loads of other fillings.

Bear. X

No comments: