Serves 15/20 bars
½ cup vegan margarine
2 cups digestive biscuits
1 cup canned coconut milk
¼ cup agave syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
1 ½ cups non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/170C.
- Melt margarine in microwave or over stove and pour into a 9x13” baking pan. Swirl around until the bottom of the pan is completely coated.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly into pan until bottom of the pan is completely coated in crumbs. Pat down lightly with your hands.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, agave, vanilla, and salt. Drizzle this mixture evenly over the graham cracker layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut into the pan, then layer the optional nuts, then the chocolate chips. With the palm of your hand, gently pat the top of the cookie pan so that the chocolate chips get cemented into the rest of the cookie.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until center looks thick and slightly bubbly with very lightly browned edges.
- Let cool then refrigerate for a couple hours or best overnight.
- Cut into even bars.