Wednesday, November 09, 2011

My last post in Islington

So I've been in this apartment for over seventeen years now, I'd like to say they have been happy years but I can't wait to see the back of this place and everything that goes with it.

Thanks to Islington council I've had untold stress, for four years I had water coming through the ceiling into my bedroom. All but a handful of my belongings were trashed and I never really got over it.

Then there was my five years working for Waterstone's a company without a spine when it comes to work place bulling. I spent to years being harassed by a member of staff with the company not backing me for a moment. And all the time I was unable to speak out due to the companies no blogging policy. Waterstone's was one of the first companies in the UK to dismiss a member of staff for blogging. http://tinyurl.com/yj52rph

Now we are in the second recession of my life time and this one is way tougher than the last, yes unemployment may not be as high but due to the large amount of credit we were given by banks when they crashed and card/loan rates went up most of us struggled to cope.

For this and one or two other reasons I decided to sell my apartment and start a new, dept free and stress free. I know for some of you it will seem a step to far but I want to start living my life and enjoying what I have left.

I have already made a resolution, who said I had to be January the first to do that? I've always wanted to write a cookbook and while I think I'm good enough to get published having worked in the industry I know how hard it is to get your book out there. Now I have a few goals, I want to help people who want to become vegan or have allergies, I want to make it affordable to buy, I want it to make cooking exciting and fun, but most of all I want to share my passion for home cooking with everyone. We have yet to have a big name in British vegan cooking and I don't see why it can't be me...

The way forward it would seem is to self publish and the only way to do this on a budget is to publish through Amazon and iBooks in a ebook format. This would keep my costs down so I could offer them at a much lower price than in print books. And if need be a copy could be printed off or e-mailed to someone who doesn't have a reader.

So big plans afoot and still a lot going on, my head feels like its going to burst at the moment so if I was you I would keep an eye on this blog in the next few weeks.

Thanks as always for spending time reading this page. I will post some more in the next week.

Bear X

No comments: