well this is my first glass of home-made Soy Milk, and I have to say it is ok, infact more than ok, I think I could get use to it.
when it was bing made in the milking machine it smelt a little like cows milk being heated I've yet to work out if that's a good or a bad thing!
My top tip for using a Soy Milk machine:
- Mix in some Almonds to the Soya beans, this will help with the taste.
- Always put the milk through the machine twice, the second time use the first lot of milk instead of water, this makes for a thicker milk.
- Get some cheese cloth to strain it through, it can be a bit pulpy.
- Add a little salt and a dash of Vanilla extract to it to make it taste a bit like shop bought Soy Milk.
- Get some bottles so you can give some to friends or take it to work in, trust me once you start you'll want to make more.
- Find a way to make flavored milk as its a good way of drinking it.
- use it to make Ice-cream.... I'm still looking to see if I can make yoghurt with it.
Well I hope this helps? And if you know me and live close why not ask me to make you some, I would be more than happy to.