Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Soy Milk

well this is my first glass of home-made Soy Milk, and I have to say it is ok, infact more than ok, I think I could get use to it.

when it was bing made in the milking machine it smelt a little like cows milk being heated I've yet to work out if that's a good or a bad thing!

My top tip for using a Soy Milk machine:

  1. Mix in some Almonds to the Soya beans, this will help with the taste.
  2. Always put the milk through the machine twice, the second time use the first lot of milk instead of water, this makes for a thicker milk.
  3. Get some cheese cloth to strain it through, it can be a bit pulpy.
  4. Add a little salt and a dash of Vanilla extract to it to make it taste a bit like shop bought Soy Milk.
  5. Get some bottles so you can give some to friends or take it to work in, trust me once you start you'll want to make more.
  6. Find a way to make flavored milk as its a good way of drinking it.
  7. use it to make Ice-cream.... I'm still looking to see if I can make yoghurt with it.

Well I hope this helps? And if you know me and live close why not ask me to make you some, I would be more than happy to.

Bear

No comments: