Thursday, August 09, 2007

I have been toying with coming up with a cookie recipe for the last few weeks. This is my first raw recipe so if it goes wrong sorry but I will be making some over the next few days and will let you know how I get on.


I also think it would make a good base for a raw cheese cake…

Prune Cookies

Makes about 14 Cookies.

Ingredients

1½ cups Dried Prunes, soak for 30-60 min & puree.
1 cup Macadamia nuts, Chop in food processor. (Soak for 12 hours.)
½ cup Sunflower Seeds.
¼ cup Currants or other dried fruit (optional)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla

Preparation

Chop Macadamia nuts and Sunflower Seeds in food processor. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Shape into cookies and place on mesh dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 12 hours on each side or until they are dried to the texture you like.

No comments: