Tuesday, September 25, 2007


I’m so vain…

It’s not very often that I look in the mirror and like what I see looking back at me. This I’m afraid to tell you stems back from my days of having bulimia and a partner who use to use me as a punch bag when he felt like it. No matter how much things in your life change there will always be a little thing in the back of your mind that comes back to haunt you now and again.

Here I am many years down the line and I have the best partner I could ever wish for and I have never been so happy in my life. But the days of my bulimia still haunt me now and again in ways that I think you only truly understand if you have been there.

For me one of the ways is looking in mirrors at myself. I don’t really see the person I think you all see, more often than not I can go days without looking at myself in a mirror, only having to when I have to shave…

Since starting down the raw path I have noticed that I’m now starting to look at myself more, I still can’t look in a full-length mirror but it’s a start, and one that I am enjoying…

I have been taking photos of my face to see the changes that have been happening over the months. I have taken some body shots too, but I’m not ready for others to see them yet, but maybe one day… I’m sure you guyz will be the first to see them…

Bear. x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bulimia is the wrong idea to have. 4 teeth of mine fell out after root canals, and I had to go to a different country and get 4 extractions, 4 implants, 2 of which fell out and then I stopped the behavior. I got all my cavities filled in. Teeth whitened, and have not since. Keep it down, Bear, always, you discomfort will be for a day, if you eat the wrong thing, plus your self esteem lowers, and it rots teeth slowly. From the inside.

I had no idea I had a problem. this was over many years, like 10 of being bulimic sporadically. I brushed everyday,