Saturday, February 16, 2008


One of the greatest things that happens in this world is that once every four years most of the world comes together to compete in the Olympic games. This year the world is heading to China.


The games should be one of peace and unity but yet again politics looks like it's about to over shadow the event.


I have thought long and hard about what I think about the outcome of all the politics around this years games and I thought I should share them with you.

  • All around the world for the last four years people have been training to compete in this years games. It is one of the only events that promotes sports for everyone no matter what your wealth is. Some of the worlds poorest nations have a chance of winning gold. 
  • It is one of the only things where the world is one, where you see enemies come together and compete with out guns and bombs.
  • As a child I remember watching the games with my parents and my sister and all of us enjoying it.
  • Its a chance to see some sports on the television for the first time.
I would love to see China look at what is dose in the world and how it sells guns to countries that use them on their own citizens. There are also environmental issues that Need to be looked at, both around the games but also in the country as a whole. 

If you want to show that your not happy with what is going on in China then there is one thing we can all do... Stop buying products from China... It's the easiest thing to do and not only that it will also reduce the environmental impact of your shopping if you start to buy products made closer to home.

We can all make a difference by not putting the £ or $ into the pockets of the Chinese government...

STOP BUYING CHINESE PRODUCTS 

I will get off my soap box now and hear out to the cinema...

Bear. X

No comments: