Sunday, February 17, 2008


So you may be thinking that I haven't been writing that much over the last few weeks? One of the reasons is that I have been working like a mad man for what feels like 24/7, O.K maybe not 24/7 but 8 1/2 hours a day and then 3 to 3 1/2 hours traveling.

One of the problems of doing all of this is my eating... Now in a world where I had endless money and loads more time I would be Raw all the time. But I have an ever decreasing budget and even less time to prep food.

You may think Raw is not expensive but when you live in a house with some one else and they are not Raw and to cook/buy two lots of food would be way out of your budget then one thing has to go to the wall.

So where I can I have salads and add the odd Raw thing to my day, I have also started eating a lot more fruit and I'm even eating raw mushrooms...

But one of my problems is that junk food is really cheap and easy to get hold of and 9 times out of 10 it fills you up quickly. I know it makes you feel like shit and your energy goes up and down after eating it but hay what can I say I know...

So the weight has been going up and down over the last month or so and I decided to do something about it once and for all... So I went and rejoined weight Watchers...
Photo of me at goal when I last did Weight Watchers

You see I know it works for me, I don't really have to even think about it all and I can fit it all in around my work.

The only problem I can see me having is that a lot of zero point foods are vegetables and as my diet is 80/90% vegetables I could have problems hitting my 38 points a day... I know from working from them that if you under eat your points by to much you will not lose weight.

It's been really cold this week and today you could almost fill the bite in the air before we got out of bed, so I made a really nice vegetable stew with herb dumplings. I added nutritional yeast to the dumplings to give us some B12 and I have to say it was one of the best stews I have made and even with the dumplings it was only 8 WW points. I even have enough to take to work on Monday.

Well I know some of you will not want to hear about me going to Weight Watchers but I will try to point up any recipes I post from now on as someone out there may be reading this and want to try them...

I must also remember to tell you the recipe for Baz's Easy Vegan Samosas in the next posting...

Bear. X 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say "good for you" you have to do what works for you, we're all diffrent and have to do what works best for each of us.

After being off the raw wagon for a while I started trying again. It is the only time that I don't crave Junk food.