Monday, February 04, 2008


We went to see Cloverfield the movie today... It was a cross between Blair Witch meets Godzilla meets 9/11 viewed from a camcorder. 

It is one of the most stunning films I think I have ever seen. I felt very much like I did watching the unfolding story on T.V on September 11th, I found myself crying and even shaking as I watched and not because I was frightened but it felt some what real. 

I could spot buildings I had been to and sights I had seen, all being destroyed. 

This is not a film I would rush back to see again, but only because I don't think I could put myself through that again so soon. 

The monster part of the film was very secondary, I'm very shocked that I have been so effected by it... 

As we left the cinema all I could say was 'that film is fucked'...  

Here is the trailer for it so you get some idea of how it's filmed...

This is one move not to wait till it comes out on DVD, it really has to be seen on the big screen...
Bear. X


No comments: