Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Don't give in to temptation.

So it's day ten and it's not been that good a day. Yesterday I went shopping after my speed walk, in the supermarket they have a traveling floor that takes you from the ground floor to the basement. Just at the top of it they had a sign saying 'slippery when wet' and a large green mat to wipe your feet on.

I wiped my feet and decided to stand on the walkway so I wouldn't slip as I walked down. I had just put my second foot on the walkway and my hand on the rail when both my feet went over my head and I slammed down onto my back on the floor.

I found I couldn't get a footing as it was really wet so I had to let the walkway take me down. I've hurt both my legs and most of my left side. My back however wasn't to bad, but when I went to walk this morning I knew that I had done something to my 'Psoas Magnus' a muscle at the front of my leg between my hip and my groin.

SO today I took it easy and just got through my day at work. I will see how it is tomorrow and take it from there.

I still only have about 4.5 miles to go so I should be able to do that over the weekend.


4 comments:

Candice Davis said...

Yikes! That sounds painful. Hope you're okay!

Anonymous said...

oh my oh my!!

Ouch is right. Take care of yourself! *hugs*

Vegan Bear said...

Just a little stiff....

Anonymous said...

Hi Veganbear - I popped into your store today and bought a Writers Handbook - just wanted to say thanks - your taking a little time out to be encouraging made my day - and your book looks great!!