250g of Digestive Biscuits or Plain Hobnobs
50g of Raisins
50g of Macadamia Nuts
400g of chopped up Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
100g of Vegan Margarine
4 tablespoons of Golden Syrup or Agave Nectar
- Crumble the digestive biscuits or hobnobs into a bowl. You’re aiming for them to be in small pieces, not like the dust you’d want for a cheesecake base.
- Add the raisins and chopped nuts to the biscuits and mix well.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, and then add the syrup/nectar, heat for a couple of minutes - gently - stirring frequently.
- Add the broken chocolate to the mix and mix till it has melted, don't over heat.
- Tip the chocolate mix over the crushed biscuit mix and stir until the dry ingredients are all thoroughly coated.
- Press the mixture into an 8-inch tin, and smooth with the back of a spoon. It’s best to line the tin with some clingfilm to make it easy to remove the cake later.
- Cover the top with more clingfilm, and when cooled place the cake into the fridge for at least a couple of hours to become firm.
- Take out of the fridge; turn out onto a plate, cut into 12 pieces.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy cake. It's a great store cupboard cake that you can put together if you have friends or family coming over for Thanks Giving...