Saturday, September 23, 2006




Going Green...

To me part of going green is to support local providers, but the question is how easy is that living in London? Oliver Rowe Did it for his hit T.V program, but then he had the backing of the BBC and he was buying in bulk for his restaurant in Kings Cross, London. Don't take this as a put down to him because I think well done to him, but really were any of the people who provide food for him really going to say no, he had a big camera crew with him!
Just to buy English veg in the supermarkets here took me twice as long as it would if I just didn't want to know, and as for street markets, some of the stall holders didn't know where things they were selling came from and the rest didn't care.
So I thought to myself I'll go to a farmers market! I have one thing to say on this and that's if your Vegan then don't, I've never seen so much dead animal in my life. It was cooked, uncooked, being cooked and dried...... This is the first time that I thought I was going to be sick in public, I had to put up with omni's eating it and spitting it as they talked to each other.... I really don't know how I ever did it......

Bear x