Sunday, August 05, 2007

Macadamia Nut Cheese Spread…

I was looking for some thing that I could spread onto my flax seed crackers that wasn’t avocado so I came up with this.

In a small blender put, 100g Macadamia nuts, 4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast and some salt and pepper to taste. Blend the mix till it is a fine powder that should start to stick together when pushed with your finger. Macadamia nuts are somewhat oily and will stick together, if it doesn’t then add a little water and try again.
Put Macadamia cheese in a pot and push down to firm it up but whatever you do don’t put it in the fridge as it dries out.

You could add chives or some other fresh herbs to make it a bit different, but I would say try it plain first. I was shocked how nice this was I could have eaten it as I made it so you may want to have some more nuts in your food store…

Enjoy.

Bear. x




So todays book is;
Raw Food Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow.
By Matthew Kenney & Sarma Melngailis
ISBN 9780060793555

Amazon Synopsis
A collection of raw food recipes by the head chefs of Pure Food and Wine draws on the authors' experiences at their popular New York restaurant to present practical advice on how to prepare appetizing raw food dishes using such techniques as dehydrating, Vita-Mix blending, and spicing. 30,000 first printing.

I have to say I really love this book. I can't wait to go back to NYC to go to the resaurant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello, hello!

I post on a veggie site ( vegweb.com) and a friend of yours posted a link to your blog. I wanted to pop in and say 'hi' and that I am looking forward to reading. I am becoming Raw and find it hard/frustrating at times (but also wonderful at times)