Thursday, November 08, 2007

So here we are the next step in Alissa's Pizza.


Here you see the base after I have made the Cheese topping. One of the things Anna was wise enough to shear with us on our training day was the Cheese topping is quite thick so if you put the Marinara sauce on the bottom and then try to put the Cheese on top it could get really messy. I have to say I agree with her and lets face it it all goes in the same way and as you can see by my photos they look really good that way around.


Here is the Pizza with my toppings on it waiting to go back into the dehydrator, I got some really nice yellow tomatoes and thought I would go for a sunny coloured pizza...


It's so hard not just eating it all right now, but I will wait till dinner before cutting into it. I love it when it's just come out of the dehydrator and it's nice and warm. I tend to make some Basil oil and drizzle it over the top and finally I top it off with some pine nuts.
So now my twist on Alissa Cohen's Pizza recipe..

Ingredient:

2 Cups Sprouted Buckwheat
1 Cup of Ground Flax Seeds
1/2 Cup of Yellow Pepper
1 Red Chili (this adds a bit of heat when you have the pizza cold)
10 Soaked Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 Cup of Chopped Carrots
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder 
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
2 Teaspoons of Dried Mixed Herbs
1/2 Cup of Water (use the water from soaking the tomatoes)

Method:

1. Place the Carrots, Pepper, Sun Dried Tomatoes and the Chili into the food processor and whizz till the mixture is fine, remember to scrape down the mix from time to time.

2. Now add the Ground Flax Seeds and whizz into the mixture.

3. Add the Sprouted Buckwheat and the rest of the ingredient as well as the water and whizz the mix till it is a smooth paste.

This mix will make two medium pizza bases...

I hope you like it?

Bear. X

No comments: