Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Do you sit and watch the news and think why do people do that? Or better still why are we not asking ourselves this question in public and maybe find out what other people think?

Still with me? The reason why I'm writing this blog today is because for some time now I have been watching the news and thinking why is the human race so fucked up? I know that there are a lot of problems in the world and I can never even come close to understanding them.

After Benazir Bhutto assassination and the elections in Kenya people have taken to the streets and protested (rioted) with many people being killed. 

I have a real problem understanding why people find the need to destroy their own homes and possessions when they struggle each day to put food on the table and a roof over their head. I understand that they are sad, angry and disempowered but I still look at these pictures and think how will they ever mend the damage that they have caused.

I'm not looking for answers, I just had to ask the question.  One of the reasons why I wanted to do my course is to ask the questions that no one else seems to want to talk about...

I wish I could stop the violence and make people see what they were doing will not solve anything. 

Happy New Year to you all...

Bear. X

2 comments:

Kris said...

Just wanted to say I've often thought the same thing. Kris x

Vegan Bear said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

Bear