Friday, August 22, 2008


dans mon petit jardin, originally uploaded by Mattijn.

Do you ever get the feeling your talking to yourself? As I said yesterday that I was going to start up a 'so you want to start running' thread on Vegan Freaks. For all the reasons I have put in my last post. I spent a long time thinking about how to do it and why. But mainly I thought there may have been people out there who wanted to do a 'run together' kinda group, even though we are all around the world. I thought it would be nice for every one to run on the first day together and then work through everything together. 

I saw it as a group for people who didn't see themselves as runners but would one day get to that point. It was very interesting posting it as I feel it was taken the wrong way. First of all it was moved to the 'running support' thread for reasons that I can understand, wanting to keep all the running stuff together ect, ect.

I really felt that the sort of people I wanted to give support and get support from were people like me. A non runner but I hoped to be one soon. I posted again and explained why I had set it up and again what it was for. 

There was then some posts posted from new 'runners' saying they found the thread gave them support, I then explained that, that's because they were 'runners'. But still they didn't see where I was coming from... 

I wish now I had never posted the first thread as I really thought I had explained my reasons for doing it, but I guess I'm just one person...

I really wanted it to work but I felt if I went on I would have sounded that I was being rude and that wasn't where I was going with it. 

But the thing that takes the piss is that the moderator felt that they should quote all the posts from 'new runners' as if to say I told you so... How fucking childish and rude... I think that it was one way to alienate someone who for all reasons meant well...

I sometimes wish that people took the time to communicate to others without doing things like this...

I know that by posting this I may upset some people but you know what this is my blog and I wanted to post something where I was free to say what I wanted without fear of being put down for my views...

As my mum use to say 'deep breath' and now start all over again. I will be working on my program and producing some support sheets to go with it and when I have if you would like to be a part of it then you would all be welcome, as everyone is welcome in my world.

Bear... X