Sunday, August 24, 2008

This is a copy of my first posting on www.veganrunners.com my new website the aim of this new site is to follow me through a new journey in my life, to go from couch potato to runner. I will still be posting most of my running topics on this site but if you want to join me in my journey please feel free to do so and let me know how you get on.

You may think that the name of the site is wishful thinking but I have big plans for it and as with all big plans they start with small seeds.

Originally uploaded on Flickr by John Baird

Getting of the couch and getting started is the hardest part of a new health program. On this site I will show you how I am going to go from a soap watching couch potato into a runner.

You will find links on this page that will take you to sites I have found useful, if they are in part of the text then they will be in bold so you can spot them. You will also find links on the side bar too.

Throughout the postings I will give you information on my program. I will be starting with a two week 30 minuets walking program to get me moving and to see when I can best fit in the time to do the program. I think this is important as I was one of those people who for the last 20 or so years said 'I don't have time to do exercise', well I can tell you now if I put it off any longer it will be to late and all the time in the world will not make any difference.

I am a strong believer in not running before I can walk so from week three I will be starting a 20/80 run/walk program. I am not putting any pressure on myself to up my performance for the first 30 days but I do intend to have run and walked at least the equivalent of a Marathon.

I should tell you now I start this program having just started to lose weight in the last month I have lost almost 20lbs or 9kg, I do still have a long way to go but I will start to post all my weight information along with my progress.

If you would like to follow in my footsteps then please feel free to e-mail me and I will send you a copy of my weekly tracker. You can also see a copy of this at the bottom of this page on www.veganrunners.com. If you want to work out your routes and see how long they are then why not use 'Map My Run' you can also find them at the bottom of the page on my site just under the tracker.

I will also show you Vegan foods you can eat to get the nutrients you need to be healthy and lose weight. Some of the recipes will be 'Raw Vegan' as I believe that this is the best way to get the most out of your food.

My program is a big lifestyle change for me and I will be having regular check ups with my doctor throughout as you should also do if you are planing to change your life.

Bear. X

No comments: