Monday, February 27, 2012

Vegan SHopping On-Line


So your Vegan and like me you don't live in a big city, I never even thought about how I was going to get all my Vegan tucker when I moved 540 miles away from the big smoke. But it would seem that Vegan delights are only a click away.

Here are a few of my tips on Vegan on-line shopping...

1) Start by asking your Vegan friends if they've ever bought on line? They will tell you if they have had any problems and how the company responded to the service and complaints they had with them.
2) Shop around, it's like going shopping in the street, you don't have to buy it from the first place you come across.
3) Shipping and delivery charges, things may look cheap but sometimes the added costs at the end can add up. And don't be fooled by the 'free delivery' you sometimes have to spend over a set amount to get the offer. Think about how often you will use the product your buying and if you will use the extra ones your buying.
4) Buying in bulk and sharing the cost with friends. Amazon sell things in bulk now and it can work out cheap if you and a friend split the cost and you choose free delivery (it may take a week to come but think of the savings)
5) Take into account how much you would spend on travel to your closest whole food shop? For me it would mean a trip into Edinburgh and would cost me £13 travel. I've done it once or twice now and the shop has not had the item in stock, then I've spent loads more on things I wasn't planning on buying. Not forgetting having to carry it all up the hill when I get off the train.
6) Meal plan so you don't have food you have ordered going off, as with any food it has a use by date and will need to be eaten. This goes for all delivery produce from Asda to Goodness Direct.
7) Every day is like Christmas at our house with food and books getting delivered by chatty delivery men at random hours of the day. 

Here are a few of the companies I have used.






No comments: